To ensure public safety and fulfil the duties that go along with staging large-scale
events, the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal team has set out a series
of regulations. For starters, people arriving on site are required to let festival
security staff check the contents of their bags. We’re counting on your collaboration
to ensure that your visit is both pleasant and safe.
The following items are prohibited on the Festival site:
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Glass and aluminum containers. Their contents will be poured into recyclable plastic
glasses at festival access points.
- Pets, with the exception of duly-identified service dogs.
- Bicycles and skateboards. There are two bicycle parking areas bordering the site.
Each has a pigeon-hole storage bin for skateboards
- In-line skates must be stored in a bag. They can also be stored in the pigeon-hole
storage bins located in the bicycle parking areas.
- Folding and portable chairs, during shows.
- Any other objects likely to compromise the security of festival-goers.
Sale and solicitation are strictly prohibited on the Festival site, as is swimming
in the water basins. Festival-goers who conduct themselves in an inappropriate or
dangerous manner will be asked to leave the site.
These regulations will be enforced during festival opening hours, i.e. from noon
to midnight in the Place des Festivals, Place des Arts and Ste. Catherine Street
sector, and from 6 p.m. to midnight in the Îlot Clark sector (the
area extending from De Montigny Street and Clark Street to St. Urbain Street
and Ste. Catherine Street).
Thank you for your collaboration.