A policy has been developed to ensure that persons with special needs have easier access to the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal site for outdoor shows. We’re proud to offer installations adapted to mobility-impaired persons.
- Access to Place des Arts and the PDA esplanade
The Place des Arts esplanade (the area at the top of the stairs) opens onto Ste. Catherine Street and can be accessed via De Maisonneuve Boulevard just east of Jeanne-Mance Street, through the path named “Chemin de la Reine.” Click here for more information on access to Place des Arts and to Maison symphonique de Montréal.
- Access for mobility-impaired persons
Shows are accessible to anyone with a permanent or temporary mobility impairment, including persons using a manual or electric wheelchair, a three- or four-wheel scooter, a white cane, crutches, a walker or a guide dog.
Main stage designated area - Place des Festivals
A specially designated area for mobility-impaired persons has been set up near the main stage on the Place des Festivals. This area is a platform that can accommodate wheelchairs, with room for one companion per space.
These spaces may be reserved for shows starting at 9 p.m. The following guidelines apply:
- Mobility-impaired persons may reserve a space by calling the Info-Jazz La Presse+ line at 514 871-1881 or 1 855 299-3378.
- Reservations are accepted 48 hours in advance.
- People using a wheelchair will have their reservation confirmed upon calling. Other mobility-impaired people will be put on a waiting list.
- On the day of the concert and depending on the number of spaces still available, people on a waiting list will be called back as early as noon.
- Persons who reserve but are unable to attend are asked to notify an Info-Jazz La Presse+ agent so that their spaces can be reassigned to someone else.
- Only one reservation per person (plus companion) will be accepted per call.
- Reservation requests made via voice mail will not be accepted. Please make sure you speak to an agent.
Persons with reservations are asked to arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the show, or the reserved space may be assigned to someone else. Please note that this space is only accessible as of 6 p.m.
Ste. Catherine and Jeanne-Mance stage designated area
A specially designated area for mobility impaired persons has also been set up in front of the big stage at the corner of Ste. Catherine and Jeanne-Mance Streets. Access is free. No reservations are accepted.
- Adapted restrooms
Rows of portable restrooms are located throughout the site. Each restroom features an access ramp and an adapted toilet. Restrooms are clearly indicated on the map of the Festival, included with the Festival program and posted on the Festival website.
- More information
Please contact the Info-Jazz La Presse+ line at 514 871-1881 or 1 855 299-3378 if you have any questions concerning access to the site for mobility-impaired persons.