J'aime le Festival Contest
J'aime le Festival Contest
1. The “J’aime le Festival” Contest is organized by Le Festival International de Jazz de Montréal, hereinafter the “Contest Organizer.” It will run from Mai 30, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. to July 3, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.(EDT).
2. This Contest is open to residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence. Employees, representatives and/or agents of the Contest Organizer, its affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and promotional and contractual partners in this Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) as well as any individual domiciled with the aforementioned and the members of their immediate family (father, mother, brothers, sisters, and children) are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
3. You can enter the Contest in one of the following ways:
3.1. Visit the www.montrealjazzfest.com/jazzcontest website. This will take you to the Contest page. An online entry form will be displayed on screen. Fill out this form by entering your last name, first name, e-mail address, and telephone number (including the area code). Then click “Enter” to submit your entry form by no later than July 3, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (EDT).
3.2. Get 1 additional entry when a friend you referred participates (sharing via Facebook, Twitter, email.) Limit of 10 additional entries per email address for the duration of the contest.
3.3. Get 5 additionnal entries by subscribing to the Spectra Newsletter
3.4. Go to the J’aime le Festival Contest tent on the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal site from June 28 to July 8, 2017 between noon and midnight. You can fill out an entry form using one of the tablet PCs provided on the counter, under the supervision of activity leaders (without additional entries, but with a chance to win an instant prize.) It will also be possible to participate at the tent, for instant prizes, on July 8, from noon to midnight. Instant prizes will be available while supplies last.
4. THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE (1) NON-PURCHASE ENTRY PER PERSON AND/OR E-MAIL ADDRESS PER DAY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS PARAGRAPH. MULTIPLE ENTRIES FROM THE SAME PERSON OR E-MAIL ADDRESS WILL VOID ALL ENTRIES FROM THAT PERSON OR E-MAIL ADDRESS.
5. All entries become the property of the Contest Organizer.
6. BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY FORM, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOUR ENTRY COMPLIES WITH ALL THE CONDITIONS STIPULATED IN THESE RULES. THE CONTEST PARTIES BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THEIR USE OF YOUR ENTRY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT THAT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH THE CONTEST RULES.
7.1. 1st prize – Hyundai
Two (2) years lease of a new 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport, a value of CAD $14 946.75 $.
CONTEST ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, and excludes all employees (current and retired) of Hyundai Auto Canada Corp. (the “Sponsor”), its advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, Hyundai dealers, the Sponsor’s financial institution partner(s) for this Contest as designated by the Sponsor (“Financial Institution(s)”) and the parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and agents of the aforementioned parties, and a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
GRAND PRIZE AND ALTERNATIVE PRIZE: There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of a two (2) year lease of a new 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT Sport AT (the “Vehicle Lease”). The approximate retail value the Vehicle Lease is $13,000 plus applicable taxes. The winner is solely responsible for paying all taxes and expenses which are not included in the above description of the Vehicle Lease, including but not limited to: registration and licensing fees, insurance, gas consumption tax, freight and delivery, and all other costs incurred in claiming, registering or using the Vehicle, unless any such expenses are otherwise already paid by Sponsor. The winner of the Grand Prize shall have a one-time only option to substitute the Grand Prize for an alternative prize consisting of a vehicle rebate on any new Hyundai vehicle available in Canada at the time the winner redeems such vehicle rebate, which vehicle rebate shall be equal to the actual retail value of the Vehicle Lease as determined at the time the Grand Prizes are redeemed (“Alternative Prize”). Such option by the winner to select the Alternative Prize in lieu of the Grand Prize is a one-time only option and the winner’s decision to exercise his/her option to receive the Alternative Prize in lieu of the Grand Prize is final once confirmed by or on behalf of the Sponsor.
VEHICLE LEASE: The winner must qualify for the Grand Prize prior to the winner being awarded the Grand Prize by way of a satisfactory pre-qualification credit check based on the Vehicle Lease. Awarding of the Grand Prize to the winner is subject to a satisfactory pre-qualification credit check based on the Vehicle Lease. The winner must agree and acknowledge that the full value of the vehicle covered by the Vehicle Lease may be reported on the winner’s credit bureau report. The winner of the Grand Prize must sign a lease agreement with the Financial Institution(s) in respect of the Vehicle Lease (“Agreement”). The Vehicle Lease is subject to a 24,000 kilometre per year allowance. An additional charge of $0.12/km for each additional kilometer over 24,000 kilometres per year driven during the two (2) year lease period shall be applicable and payable by the winner. The vehicle covered by the Vehicle Lease must be returned to the Hyundai dealership from which the vehicle was leased at the end of the term of the Agreement for disposition by the Financial Institution(s). The winner of the Grand Prize is responsible for adhering to, and servicing the vehicle in accordance with, the manufacturer’s required regular maintenance schedule. Such regular maintenance shall be completed at the Hyundai dealership designated by the Sponsor. The cost of the regular maintenance schedule shall be the responsibility of the Sponsor. Any work required, and any costs associated therewith, outside of the regular maintenance schedule shall be the responsibility of the winner, subject to the warranty applicable to the vehicle. The winner is solely responsible for any and all costs associated with any damage to the vehicle or any excess wear and tear to the vehicle during the term of the Agreement that is not covered by the vehicle warranty. The winner is required to immediately report to the Sponsor any such damage or excess wear and tear. All repairs of such damage or excess wear and tear are to be completed at the Hyundai dealership designated by the Sponsor. What constitutes excess wear and tear shall be as set forth in the Agreement.
PRIZE SUBSTITUTION: With the exception of the winner’s option to select the Alternative Prize in lieu of the Grand Prize, the Vehicle Lease is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the vehicle covered by the Vehicle Lease with another vehicle of equivalent or greater value or of a different model year, without liability and for any reason including, but not limited to: production delays caused by labour disruptions, parts shortages, adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen events, or any other reasons. The Alternative Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, has no cash surrender value, and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Alternative Prize with another prize of equivalent or greater value, without liability and for any reason.
DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE: The winner of the Grand Prize must take delivery of the vehicle from the Hyundai dealership designated by the Sponsor. Once the winner has been notified that the vehicle is at the designated Hyundai dealership for delivery (“Delivery Notice”), he/she must take possession of the vehicle within four (4) weeks of the Delivery Notice or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and there will be no liability to the Sponsor in the event this occurs. The winner is responsible for obtaining a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance prior to taking possession of the vehicle. Failure to provide the Sponsor or its agent with satisfactory proof of a valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and insurance shall result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize. The vehicle is not eligible for any options, upgrades, promotional programs or incentive support (e.g., gas cards, etc.). The vehicle cannot be traded or exchanged in order to obtain the benefit of options, upgrades, promotional programs or incentive support. Any options or upgrades offered by the dealer on the vehicle are not eligible for any promotional programs or incentive support.
7.2. 2nd prize – – Le Festival International de Jazz de Montréal Choose Your Jazz Fest Experience, approximately valued at 450$, 188$, 192$ or 209 $ depending on the chosen package.
Walk Off The Earth VIP (for 2, on July 4);
Festival souvenirs, evening in a special reserved area for the concert (July 4), access to the side stage for the 3 three songs, a 10 minute meeting with the artists (photo + autograph), $100 to spend in the food concessions (approx. value of 450$); OR
Matt Holubowski VIP (for 2, on July 8);
Meeting during soundcheck (10 min : photo + autograph), a pair of tickets, dinner for 2 at the Bluementhal (approx.. value of 188$); OR
Bobby Bazini VIP (for 2, on July 7):
Meeting during soundcheck (10 min : photo + autograph), a pair of tickets, dinner for 2 at the Bluementhal (approx.. value of 192$); OR
Jesse Cook VIP (for 2, on July 8):
Meeting during soundcheck (10 min : photo + autograph), a pair of tickets, dinner for 2 at the Bluementhal (approx.. value of 209$);
7.3. 3rd prize – Rio Tinto
One (1) MacBook Pro 13 inch aluminum with Retina screen, a value of CA$2,909
The material included is a dual-core Intel Core i7 processor 3,4 GHz; 16 GB of SDRAM DDR3L memory, rate at 1866 MHz; 512 GB flash storage PCLe a (Canadian French) backlit keyboard, a User Guide (French) and an accessory kit. Software’s included are: iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand; Pages, Numbers, Keynote and OS X. For more information, visit http://www.apple.com. The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or substituted, and is not redeemable for cash.
7.4. 4th prize - Jura
A JURA IMPRESSA F8 coffee machine, with a value of CA$2,870, including taxes.
The Winner undertakes to use the Machine under normal conditions, i.e., not for commercial purposes, so that Les Importations Edika can offer a one (1) year warranty. The Winner further undertakes to comply with all the following terms and conditions:
- The colour, equipment and models may differ from those shown in the photograph of the Machine used in the Contest advertisement;
- The choice of the colour of the Machine from among the range of available colours is at the Winner’s sole discretion, subject to availability;
- Should the Machine be unavailable for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, production delays caused by work stoppages, part shortfalls, inclement weather, the end of the model run or any other event, Edika reserves the right, subject to approval by the Contest Organizer, to withdraw the Machine or to replace it with another machine of equivalent value;
- There is a limit of use to a maximum of 3,600 coffees during the 12-month warranty period. If the Winner exceeds this limit, the warranty will be null and void.
- The prize does not include delivery. All fees or costs other than those listed above shall be borne by the Winner, including, but not limited to, normal maintenance costs, the costs of the coffee and any taxes other than those applicable to the purchase of the Machine.
- The winner agrees to take possession of their prize within three (3) months after his appointment. After that, the prize is considered unwanted and can’t be claimed by the winner.
- Importations EDIKA offers comprehensive training on the prize to the winner if he is willing to come and take possession of the prize during opening hours at the JURA showroom, located at 10 118 boulevard Saint-Laurent, Montreal H3L 2N7. This training does not apply in the case of a delivery.
7.5. 5th prize – Casino de Montréal
A package for 10 people at Le Montreal restaurant at Casino de Montréal, offered by Casino de Montréal, a value of CA$1,000.
- includes an appetizer, an Experience three service meal and a half- bottle of wine from the selection of the month per person. You will also have a play session lesson in a poker room with a croupier.
- Valid until 31 March 2018.
- Exceptions: December 24, 25, 26, 31, 2017, January 1 and February 14, 2018.
- This offer may not be valid for certain events.
7.6. 6th prize - SAQ
A SAQ gift card, a value of CA$500.
A draw will be conducted from among all eligible entries received between periods of draw. A total of six (6) draws will take place. The draws will be held in Montreal, on July 4, 2017 at 11 a.m. (EDT) at 400 De Maisonneuve Boulevard West in Montreal.
7.8. Instant prizes everyday on the festival site from June 28 to July 8, at the “J’aime le Festival” Contest tent, from noon to midnight (11:00 PM on July 8), until supplies last.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZES
8. In order to be declared a Winner and to claim his prize, each person whose entry has been selected in the random draw must:
be reachable by telephone or e-mail by the Contest Organizer within seven (7) business days of the draw;
correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question asked on the entry ballot or administered by telephone or e-mail, as the case may be;
complete and sign a Declaration & Release Form and return it to the Contest Organizer at the specified address within ten (10) business days of receiving the document.
9. Failure to comply with any one of the above conditions or any other condition stipulated in these Contest Rules shall result in the automatic disqualification of the selected entrant’s entry, and a new random draw will be held in accordance with these Contest Rules to award this prize until a new entrant is selected and declared a Winner.
10. Upon receipt of the Declaration & Release form duly completed and signed by the Winner and his companion. The Contest Organizer will either mail the prize directly to the Winner at the address provided on the form or mail a letter to the Winner with instructions on how to claim his prize.
In the case of a direct delivery to a specified address, a delay of four (4) to six (6) weeks following receipt by the Contest Organizer of the signed Declaration & Release form applies.
ODDS OF WINNING
11. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Contest entries received.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
12.All information provided by the entrant during the telephone call must be complete and accurate. The Contest Organizer will not be held liable for any and all telephone problems, unclear voice mail messages, and late/incomplete/erroneously sent prize claims. Any online entry form or entry ballot that is incomplete, illegible, mutilated, reproduced or submitted or received late will be declared null and void and will forfeit the right to a prize. Any non-purchase entry that fails to meet all the required conditions will automatically be disqualified and will ban the person from entering. The Contest Organizer’s decision is final and not subject to appeal.
13. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify, or to cancel the entry or entries of, any person entering or trying to enter this Contest by means contrary to these Rules or in a manner that is unfair to the other entrants (e.g. using automated equipment to enter the contest, hacking, or number of entries exceeding the allowable limits). Such persons may be reported to the competent legal authorities. The Contest Organizer’s decision in this regard is final and is not subject to appeal.
14. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE, ALTER THE ENTRY PROCESS, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST CONSTITUTES A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST ORGANIZER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SAID PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. Prizes must be accepted as awarded; no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. NO SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZES IS PERMITTED EXPECT BY THE CONTEST ORGANIZER IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. THE CONTEST ORGANIZER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE ANY PRIZE WITH ANOTHER PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE IF A PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED AS DESCRIBED FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ARE NOT REDEEMABLE FOR CASH OR CREDIT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
16. Entrants agree to comply with these official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Organizer, which are final and not subject to appeal. This Contest is subject to all applicable laws. By entering the Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Organizer, its affiliated and related companies, its advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize won. In order to be declared Winners and before obtaining their prizes, the selected entrants will be required to sign and return within the time period indicated on the documents a Declaration & Release form in this regard.
17. By entering the Contest, the entrants consent to the disclosure of their name, place of residence, photograph or other likeness, without compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this Contest or similar future contests, and will agree to and sign any documentation that may be required in connection with this undertaking or deemed necessary by the Contest Organizer.
18. All entries become the property of L’Équipe Spectra. If a selected entrant entered the Contest via the Internet, he may be required to provide the Contest Organizer with proof that he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry.
19. The Winners of the Grand Prizes will be announced via a Facebook post and on the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal website at www.montrealjazzfest.com/jazzcontest after the draws.
20. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, the entrant is considered to be the person whose contact information appears on the no-purchase contest entry form, the online entry form or entry ballot. It is this person who will be asked to answer the mathematical skill-testing question and to whom the prize will be remitted if the person is declared the Winner. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to request a piece of identification prior to remitting the prize.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
21. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing and for greater certainty, the Contest Organizer, its affiliated companies, employees, agents and representatives shall not be liable for
i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or program utilized by the Contest or associated with it, or by any human or technical error that may occur in the Contest entry process;
ii) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the website or any transmission in connection with the Contest;
iii) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries;
iv) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or line, computer on-line systems, servers or providers of computer hardware or software, or failure of e-mail which may occur due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof; or
v) any damage to a third party’s computer related to or resulting from entering, or downloading material for, this Contest.
If the Contest cannot be run as planned for any reason whatsoever, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if required. The Contest Organizer, its affiliated companies and the suppliers of prizes and services related to this Contest may under no circumstances be held responsible to award more prizes than those indicated in these Contest Rules otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules. By entering the Contest, you are deemed to have consented to the Contest Rules, notably with respect to the absolute limit on the number of prizes described above.
22. By entering or attempting to enter this Contest, all individuals automatically release the Contest Organizer, its advertising and promotional agencies, and its employees, agents and representatives, from any and all liability for any damages they may incur due to their entry or attempted entry in this Contest.
23. Any litigation respecting the conduct of organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purposes of helping the parties reach a settlement.
24. The masculine gender is used here solely in the interests of readability and has no discriminatory intent.